Here we’ve gathered some natural cleaning tips and homemade face masks for oily skins that you can apply to your skin easily.
For oily skin;
- Avoid foods and drinks high in sugar and fat.
- Use apple cider vinegar instead of tonic. Put some apple cider vinegar into a glass bottle and mix with some clear water, then apply the mixture to your face two times a day with cotton pads. It will minimize your blackheads and pimples if you use it regularly. You may not like the smell of mixture. If so, you can mix it with lavender oil or seeds to make it smell good.
- Prefer alcohol-free cosmetics. The cosmetics containing alcohol will make your skin look oily.
- Prefer oil-free powder, foundation cream and concealer for makeup. Use waterproof eye pencil or eyeliner. Using water-based cosmetics will make your skin look pure and fresh, and it prevents extra shining.
- Transparent powders are good choices instead of colored ones, it will make your skin look more natural.
- Avoid applying extra illuminating cream to your face in order not to make your skin shine. Little bit of it will be enough to complete your flawless look.
- Use blotting paper as it acts like a savior for women who have oily-prone skins.
- Eating vegetables and fruits containing Vitamin A like spinach, carrot, lettuce and melon will help to reduce the level of your facial skin oil.
Natural cleaning tips for oily skin;
- Cold milk is considered as a natural cleaner for oily skin. You can wipe your face several times a day with cold milk.
Homemade face masks for oily skin:
- Mix a little bit of toothpaste with a pinch of salt. Apply the mixture to your T-zone (chin, forehead and nose) which is a pimple and blackhead-prone area, and massage gently. Wait for a few minutes. Wipe the mixture off with paper towel and wash your face with cold water. Properly use will prevent blackheads and make your oily skin look fresh, matt and easy to manage.
- Yogurt and clay mask is really good for oily-prone skins. Mix yogurt and natural clay, then apply the mixture to your face. Wait for 15 minutes until it dries. This mask will smooth your skin and reduce the level of oil.
- Mix 2 spoonful of mashed cucumber with ½ cup of yogurt, juice of ½ lemon and 5-6 finely chopped fresh mint leaves. Apply the mixture to your face and wait for 20 minutes. Then, wash your face with cold clean water. This mask will moisturize your skin and reduce its oil level.