Almost all of us had or still have acnes on our skin that can be considered as a common skin problem especially in puberty with the change in hormonal stability. This problem may even continue for people who have oily skin type. Natural herbal masks or several effective acne creams can be used for the treatment, but first let’s take a glance at some useful information and how to treat acne by following some tips.
Why Do We Have Acnes?
Acnes that we have mostly in puberty may stay longer in people having certain types of skin. Acnes result from oil production, bacteria accumulation and dead skin cell shed. Thus, the oil and dirt accumulation in pores causes acne problem.
Sebum secretion protecting skin and making it smooth is produced by pores. Due to various reasons, when skin overproduces sebum, pores can get clogged. Bacteria accumulating in these pores also causes acne problem on the skin. As a result of the clogged pores, white head, black head or cystic acne may occur.
How To Get Rid Of Acnes
- You should always keep your skin clean to prevent acnes. Washing your face with apricot soap allows you to treat acne problem in an effective way.
- If you mix some water with apple cider or grape vinegars and use the mixture for cleansing your face, you can get rid of your acnes soon. You had better not to go out in the sun after you apply it. Application at night before bed is recommended.
- Lemon is often used in treatment of acnes because of its antibacterial effect. After you apply lemon juice on your facial skin, you should wait for 5 minutes and wash your face. This will make your acnes fade away faster.
- Lavender and thyme are also used for the treatment. You can apply lavender or thyme juice on your face before bed.
- Honey is another option applied to acne due to its antibacterial effect. It also regulates and maintains the moisture balance of your skin.
- Applying chamomile juice on acnes is also effective. It starts to heal the inflammation on your face immediately.
- Clay masks open up clogged pores on your skin and help you to prevent acne.
- Salicylic acid which is commonly contained in acne creams exists in strawberry. That’s why eating fresh strawberry is also helpful to get rid of acnes.
- Zinc deficiency is another factor led to acne formation. Dried fruits and vegetables rich in zinc prevent acne formation.
- Consuming fruits rich in vitamin C such as apple, tangerine or orange help acnes disappear faster.
When Should You Consult To Your Doctor?
Normally, acnes don’t cause pain. This type of acne goes away in two or three days. But sometimes, it may come out deeper in the skin and cause pain. In that case, you should consult to your doctor immediately.
Natural Masks for Acnes
You can treat your acnes and prevent them to occur again by applying natural skin masks.
Apple Cider Vinegar Mask
- 1 liter of boiled water
- 1 tea cup of apple cider vinegar
Add apple cider vinegar into the boiled water and boil it 1 minute over low heat. Turn off the oven, place it on one side for one minute. Then, do steam facial for 10 minutes. Don’t forget to cover your head with a piece of cheesecloth. This method will brighten your face.
Dry Yeast Mask
- A package of dry yeast
- 1/4 cup of water
Mix dry yeast with water and until the mixture becomes creamy. Apply it on your face gently. Wait for 20 minutes and wash your face. Yeast will shrink your acnes. Applying it once a week will be effective on your acnes.
Lemon Cologne Mask
- 1 dessert spoon of lemon cologne
- Baby powder
Mix lemon cologne with some baby powder. Apply the mixture on your face at nights before bed and let it dry. Don’t wash your face and just go to bed. You will see the difference when you wake up in the morning. You can apply this mixture every day.
- Sugar (1 tbsp)
- Lemon juice (1/2)
Mix sugar with lemon juice. Wash your face, then apply it on your skin. Wait for 15 minutes and wash it (please consider the sensitivity of your skin).
- 1 tsp of carbonate
- Aspirin (5 pills)
- 1 lemon
Smash and dissolve aspirin in lemon juice and add carbonate. Apply the mixture on your face. Wait for 10 minutes and wash your skin with warm water.
- Fresh Strawberry (A half cup)
- Yogurt (A half cup)
Wait for half an hour until the strawberries and yogurt reach room temperature. Mix them and smash them in a glass bowl with a fork. Wash your face first, then apply the mask on your face. You can wash your face after 15 minutes.
- Linden (1 dessert spoon)
- Thyme (1 dessert spoon)
- Sage (1 dessert spoon)
- Mint (1 dessert spoon)
- Chamomile (1 dessert spoon)
Brew the ingredients in two cups of boiled water. When the mixture becomes tepid, you can use it as a tonic.
Green Tea Tonic
- Green Tea (1 tbsp)
- Water (2 cups)
- Lemon juice (1/2)
Add green tea to the boiled water and wait for 10 minutes. Then, add lemon juice into the water. Use it as a tonic before bed.
Imex Acne Cream: It helps acnes heal faster. When applied, it can conceal your acnes and act as a foundation cream.
Clindoxyl Acne Cream: A very useful cream for acnes. It also heals acnes under the skin. Keep in mind that you should avoid direct sunlight exposure after the application.
Isotrexin Acne Cream: After the application, it peels off the skin layer over acnes and reveals them. Then it helps to dry your acnes. You shouldn’t be exposed to direct sunlight after the application.
Tips For Preventing Acnes
- If you don’t want to have acnes on your skin again, you should avoid eating fatty foods. Acidic and fatty foods lead to acne problems.
- Puberty acnes can be treated by medicines. You shouldn’t use medicine or cream before consulting to your doctor. Medicines affect liver, so it can harm your inner organs.
- If you are over 30 and still having problem with acnes; you may have a genetic disease. You should go to a doctor to check your inner organs’ health. Some women may have acne problems due to uterine conditions. In this case, acnes can be treated by medicines. You should definitely consult to your doctor regarding this issue.
- You can treat your acnes in natural or medical ways. If you have lingering acnes, please consult to a dermatologist immediately. If acne scars occur, they make your face rough and may never heal.
- Sometimes acnes can’t be treated with herbs. You should find the ideal medicine for yourself by consulting to a doctor, and start the treatment under your doctor control. Then, you can get rid of your acnes with the right treatment and enjoy your acne-free skin!