Going to the beauty salons for manicure and pedicure can be considered as an expensive habit which is also time-consuming, however giving yourself a perfect DIY manicure at home is hygienic, and saves your time and money. Don’t worry, it will be so easy if you know some hacks…
- Start with filing your nails to shape them perfectly. Do not soak your hands in the water before filing them as it softens your nails, so they can be easily broken. Thus, in order to give yourself a perfect manicure, you should file your nails first.
Decide on the shape
- As the next step, you should soak your hands in the warm water. With this method, you will get rid of bacteria and soften your hands and cuticles. Add ½ of a lemon’s juice into four cups of warm water. Then, add a teaspoon of honey and mix. Soak your hands in this mixture and wait for 15-20 minutes.
- Now, it’s time to remove your cuticles! After soaking your hands in the mixture and softening your cuticles, you should now push them back. You can also cut the excess cuticles with a clipper. Now, shape your nails and make them ready to be moisturized.
The next stage is the moisturizing stage. As many moisturizers contain chemicals that will damage your nails and skin, we recommend you to make your own moisturizer at home by following the steps below.
- 1 tablespoon of cocoa oil
- 1 tablespoon of beeswax
- 30 drops of sweet almond oil
- 10 drops of essence oil (lavender, mint, vanilla etc.)
- Mix beeswax together with cocoa oil, and heat the mixture until it melts. Then, add the other oils into the mixture and stir. Put the mixture in a jar and wait until it cools down.
The moisturizer is ready to be used now! Apply it on your hands and nails, and wear a pair of hygienic gloves. Wait for 20-25 minutes.
Remove the excess cream from your nails in order to make them ready to be polished. Do not forget to apply a base coat first to prevent your nails from the damage caused by the nail polish. When your nails dry, you can apply your nail polish and complete your perfect manicure!